Monday, February 1, 2010

Dream Job

I know probably 2 people who actually enjoy their work. Thats a little sad if you think about all the people I know and 2 of them enjoy what they do day to day. I know that I for one do not enjoy my work. Every morning I wake up feeling glum, wishing I could have a sick day, and I don't think my job is terrible. But the environment I work in is draining. All the people on one side of the room think that the people on the other do not do enough work and are not pulling their weight. The people on my side of the room meanwhile, well we think the other side complain too much.

In my experience no job will be a dream job, there will always be stressed occasions or people that you will not get on that well with, this is just a fact of life. The best way to deal with it is probably just to get over it and just be the best you can be. Adhere to the Fish! philosophy of: Being Present, Making their day, Playing and Choosing your attitude, everyday and with all people. Its hard, don't I know it, but I try to choose my attitude everyday. I don't want to be sad or upset about things at work, because that makes everyone else sad and upset. Also, I don't want to allow those people that I don't like that much to have the power over me to upset me that much, but you can be sure that people do and that I do get upset everyday.

I guess being able to go day to day in a job that you don't enjoy, or studying to finish that degree, or whatever it is that you have to do, but don't alway enjoy, is a challenge, but it is also something which will make you see where your future is heading. I jump from one thing to the next 10 times a day. One minute I am a writer, the next I am an interior designer, the next I am in marketing or PR or events management. In reality? I am an employment consultant. Doesn't that make me sound glamorous? No? Well, its not a very glamorous job really.

But I have a goal, and you bet one day I will either enjoy where I am working, or if I can't do that, then I will be working for my self.

Life is too short to not enjoy it day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment