Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Doctors Surgery


Recently while at the doctors surgery, after I had had my check up I had been weighed and measured and had something stuck in a very unfortunate place just to thoroughly amuse my doctor, I was sent to reception to settle my bill. The lady behind the counter started waxing lyrical about my skin, saying how lovely it was and how she was trying all these foundations to get lovely skin.

Let me give you some advice. As your skin matures you will not be looking like a 24 year old forever. Cherish it while it lasts. If you are already suffering the pit falls of a life of oily, dry or sundamages skin, there are a few key things you can do to make it look more youthful.
To close enlarged pores; use an asprin mask. About 3 asprin (the effervescent kind) and about half a teaspoon of water all ground up together then massaged into your skin and left to dry for 15 minutes is amazing for closing those enlarged pores also for brightening skin tone.

Mineral makeup; best used on those who do not have dry skin. As a dryer skin will tend to make to mineral finish patchy. This depends on brand though as there are some lovely ones. My mum uses one called minerologie which is really illuminating with a great finish and does not tend to flake.

Spac filler is your friend; not in the sense of litterally spac filler from Hardware store, I wouldn't recommend putting that on your face. But in terms of a primer which gives a smooth finish for foundation. For example Clarins Lisse de Minute.

That's my skin tips for today. I don't think my skin is that good. It's a bit dry in patches, but I probably polish up ok with some makeup on!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment