Monday, November 8, 2010

Tissu's

I have a strange hobby which includes falling metres at a time and landing by having knotted myself in a bit of material. (sounds like something spy's do right? Or am I kidding my self?)

My Hobby is a circus act called tissu or silks or I am sure it has a million other circus-y names, but I don't know what any of those are...


On the weekend I got to try out my at home tissu's as we finally had some good weather and have found some old foam we can use as safety mats (read: not safe enough) Now I barely ever actually fall, but even worse than falling in this hobby, is getting burnt. Sunburn would be bad enough, but then you end up getting a massive rope burn.

I currently have a really nasty and ugly red raw patch of skin on my side, which is approximately 9cm wide by 3 cm high. and can I just say OUCH! If you have not suffered silk burns before (which I imagine is not as common as a bruised leg), let me tell you, that it is not friendly. Its my own stupid fault, I would normally have a long top tucked into my leggings under a 3/4 sleeve top which keep most of the burns away, but this particular day seeing as tissu was not the only thing on the agenda I neglected to put another top on. and of course did all the usual tricks anyway. This is what you get.

Let this be a warning to all the teens out there who wish to run away and join the circus. It might seem fun, but let me tell you, it hurts.

In other news, Back at work today and thinking about whether we can put biscuits in tins and sell them, or if this would be too much work due to packaging safety standards...

No comments:

Post a Comment